Waldemarsudde is a part of the island of Djurgården and was once owned by Prince Eugen of Sweden. Waldemarsudde now comprises the palace, a museum, the Old House, an art gallery, fantastic gardens, restaurant, café and a linseed mill dating from the 1780s. Prince Eugen of Sweden (1865-1947) was a noted painter and a much admired collector of mainly Swedish and international art and bequeathed the estate to the people of Sweden.
The art gallery and museum put on many exhibitions, events and showings and just a walk in the serene gardens is worth coming here for. The various collection of art includes paintings, sculptures drawings, graphics and medals.